Being inspired by the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ, Elder Carlston D. Brisco, Sr. opened the church in the name of Souls for Christ Deliverance Center, Inc. in Cambridge, Maryland. The first meeting of the church was held on Saturday, September 15, 2001 at the Cambridge Inn Motel in Cambridge, Maryland. On that Saturday there were 17 people in attendance for a prayer service. The following day, Sunday, September 16, 2001, the first church service was held at that same location.
As the months progressed and new members began to join, the congregation collectively decided that it was time to move into a formal building and the search for a location begun. On April 19, 2002 we signed a lease for the building at 212 Dorchester Avenue in Cambridge and held our first service at this location on April 28, 2002. We were there for 7 years. We are now located at 2620 Cambridge Beltway in Cambridge.
In the year 2005, we officially had our church name changed to Kingdom Church & Ministries, Inc.
We at Kingdom Church and Ministries, Inc. is striving not to be just another church in the community; but a ministry that will be a vital part of the community helping to transform the lives of men and women in the community.
What We Believe
We at Kingdom Church and Ministries hold these truths and many others to be precious. Christians have always had differences in their theology and will continue to do so until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. What we believe may divide us, but in whom we believe should unite us.
THREE DIMENSIONS OF ONE GOD (1 John 5:7; Matthew 28:19; 1 Tim 3:16)
1. We believe in one God who is eternal in His existence, Triune in His manifestation, being Father, Son and Holy Ghost AND that He is Sovereign and Absolute in His authority.
2. We believe in the Father who is God Himself, Creator of the universe (Gen 1:1; John 1:1).
3. We believe that Jesus is the Son of God (Col 2:9).
4. He suffered, died, was buried, and rose from the dead for our total salvation
(Luke 3:21-22; Philippians 2:5-11).
5. We believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him (John 3:36; John 3:31-32; John 14:6).
6. We believe in the Holy Spirit who is God indwelling, empowering and regenerating the believer. This Holy Spirit is called the Comforter. The Spirit of Truth (John 14:17, 14:26).
7. We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ atones for our sins and iniquity. It is through His shed blood that we are saved, healed and set free from bondage and the forces of darkness (Romans 5:9-11; Ephesians 1:7; Revelation 12:11).
8. We believe that every believer must have a personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, for apart from Him we can do nothing. Each person has a ministry from God that no one else can fill. We are to instruct, teach, exhort, and admonish believers in the ways of God (John 15:1-5; Hebrews 13:5-6).
9. We believe that the Bible is the true infallible Word of God, which cleanses our souls. It holds the words of eternal life and the keys of the Kingdom of God. The Bible shows us God's principles and standards for living; and it is the food that sustains us in all circumstances (John 1:14; 2 Timothy 3: 16-17; 1 John 2:5-6).
10. We believe that we are to wash and renew our minds daily by the Word of God (Eph. 4: 23-24).
11. We must learn His ways and exchange our way of thinking for His. We are to be conformed to the Kingdom of God by the molding and shaping of His Hands (Romans 12:1-2; Ephesians 4:23-29; Philippians 4:8).
12. We believe in justification by faith. We believe that salvation is free and apart from any work of man is a result of the sovereign grace of God (Eph 2:8-9, Gal 5:5, Rom 5:1).
13. We believe in worshipping the Lord in spirit, song, dance and with the raising of our hands. We believe that we are to praise and worship Him with our whole being (Psalms 150:1-6; John 4:24).
14. We believe that Godly living and the pursuit of a holy life should be the goal of every believer (Heb 12:14, Phil 3:14).
15. We believe that believers should be water baptized by immersion for the circumcision of our hearts. It is through baptism that we publicly identify with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Romans 6:3-6; Colossians 2:11-14; Acts 2:38).
16. We believe that all Christians need to partake of the communion elements which represent the Lord Jesus' body and blood. It is by participating in the Lord's Supper that we proclaim His death until His return (John 6:53-58; 1 Corinthians 11:23-30).
17. We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the sign of speaking in other tongues. We believe that Christians must be filled daily by using our prayer language, but the evidence of the Holy Spirit's indwelling presence is a changed life (Acts 2:4; Ephesians 5:18-21).
18. We believe in the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. He ministers to His people through tongues, interpretation of tongues, prophecy; words of knowledge and wisdom, discerning of spirits, faith, working of miracles, and healing (Mark 16:15-18; Acts 5:16; 2 Corinthians 12:1-11).
19. We believe that it is God's will to heal and deliver His people today as He did in the days of the first Apostles. It is by the stripes of Jesus that we are healed, delivered and made whole. We have authority over sickness, disease, demons, curses, and every circumstance in life (Luke 10:19; 2 Corinthians 10:4-5; 1 Peter 2:24).
20. "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature... And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover" (Mark 16:15-18).
Our Mission Statement
Our desire is to change the lives of people through the Word of God and to bring them to a place of God’s purpose, plan and destiny.
To Proclaim the Word of God (Psalms 119:105).
- Speak Prophetically to the culture, character, and the ability of individuals and our World (Isaiah 62:6-7).
- To Uplift and empower the Family (Joshua 24:15).
- To empower the Community Spiritually and Economically (Philippians 2:15).
- Apostolically Empower Pastors and Ministers to Empower People (Ephesians 4:11-12).
- Walk in Dominion and Establish the Kingdom of God in the earth realm(Genesis. 1:26-27).